Total cost of ownership of telecoms networks: trends and vendor implications
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Operators’ spending patterns are changing in the 5G era, thereby expanding the addressable market for vendors."
Relatively static levels of operator capex and opex mask significant changes in the total cost of ownership (TCO) of telecoms networks. These changes are producing opportunities for vendors to derive revenue from processes that were traditionally carried out by operators in-house.
This report provides:
- a holistic picture of operators’ spending worldwide in the years to 2027, including capex and opex
- analysis of how the balance between capex and opex is changing, based on our detailed forecasts
- analysis of the impact of these changes on the addressable market for telecoms product and services vendors
- analysis of the new opportunities for vendors to address additional categories of operator spending in the 5G era.