Connected Consumer Survey 2020: gaming in developed Asia-Pacific, Europe and the USA
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Almost half of all hardcore gamers are willing to pay more for 5G if it enhances their gaming experience."
Gamers spend significantly more on telecoms and media services than non-gamers, and are much more engaged. This report presents data on gamers’ multi-device and content usage and spend, and describes how gaming activity can be used to predict spending and churn for telecoms services.
This report provides:
- new consumer insights derived from 12 000 respondents in 12 different countries
- detailed information about consumers' gaming habits and how this relates to their use of telecoms services
- a segmentation of users' gaming behaviour and an analysis of how this affects aspects of their churn and willingness to pay for OTT video services
- a detailed appendix with country- and operator-level data related to gaming behaviour.
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the internet-using population in Europe, developed Asia–Pacific and the USA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand
- South Korea