Operatorsâ€™ 5G TCO strategies must deliver more than just costing savings
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Absolute network cost savings in 5G are illusory, and operators should instead try to accelerate return on investment with a holistic strategy aligned to clear commercial priorities."
5G architectures promise significant capex or opex reductions for operators compared to 4G, but when taken together, total cost of ownership (TCO) savings are less immediate. Operators must revise their targets for absolute 5G TCO reduction to achieve the network capabilities required to drive new revenue.
This report provides:
- an analysis of how changes in capex and opex spending patterns for 5G impact on one another
- a breakdown of Analysys Mason’s comprehensive telco capex and opex forecasts to highlight 5G TCO trends in 2020 to 2026
- valuable insights into how 5G spending strategies can be aligned to different revenue models, with modelled examples
- practical recommendations about the approach that is most appropriate for an operator, depending on its market situation and commercial strategy.