India Iron Ore Mining to 2024
- Report Description Table of Contents
GlobalData's "India Iron Ore Mining to 2024" comprehensively covers Indian reserves of iron ore, historic and forecast trends in the country's iron ore production and the key active, exploration and development iron ore mines and projects. The report also analyses factors affecting the country's demand for iron ore and profiles the major iron ore producers.
India's iron ore production is estimated to have risen by 14.2% in 2019, to reach 234.9Mt, owing to the acceleration in mine production for several non-captive mines especially from merchant miners due to the expiration of leases in March this year. Production in 2020 is expected to decline to 205.7Mt; a delay in mineral auctions in Odisha, coupled with regulatory approvals, will be of major concern for Indian miners. Production over the forecast period is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2%, to reach 271.2Mt in 2024. This growth can be attributed to the commencement of new projects and the expansion of existing ones, such as the Kumaraswamy mine, the Daitari and Gandhamardhan mines and the Chiria iron ore mine.
- The report analyses impact of coronavirus on India's iron ore mining industry, with details of reserves, production, consumption trends and forecasts, the competitive landscape and listing of the major active, exploration and development projects. The report also explains the impact of COVID-19 on India's iron ore demand.
Reasons to Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of coronavirus on India's iron ore industry
- To gain an understanding of India's iron ore mining industry, relevant driving factors
- To understand historical and forecast trend on production and consumption
- To identify key players in India's iron ore mining industry
- To gain an understanding of major active, exploration and development projects
- Find out India's governing bodies, major laws in the industry
- Identify various mineral licenses and fees
- To gain an overview of India's mining fiscal regime