Retail in UAE: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Country impact
- Report Description Table of Contents
The UAE will experience a faster recovery than most Western economies due to consumers' greater propensity to spend on luxury items, though falling oil prices may have a longer term impact on domestic consumer wealth.
The UAE will not experience the same level of increased online sales as other economies as it is immature in terms of online retail due to postal logistics issues, restricting growth in 2020.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) country report analyses how the pandemic will impact retail spend in the UAE.
- Consumer shopping behaviour is unlikely to change in the long term as the country was only under lockdown for two weeks, although many consumers will place a greater importance on cleanliness and hygiene in 2020.
- After increasing their online presence to boost sales when stores were closed, malls are now starting to reopen with a number of measures in place to ensure the safety of staff and shoppers.
Reasons to Buy
- Use our revised market forecasts out to 2024 to understand how the UAE retail market will perform.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how key retailers have responded to COVID-19.
- Use our data on key consumer shopping and lifestyle habits to see how the population have responded to the impact of COVID-19.