Retail in Sweden: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Country impact
- Report Description Table of Contents
The Swedish retail market is set to decline 0.4% and although this is lower than its previous forecast, it will outperform many other European countries.
With shops largely remaining open, consumer shopping behaviour is unlikely to change permenantly and the market will recover quickly.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) country report analyses how the pandemic will impact retail spend in Sweden.
- The Swedish retail market will see a smaller decline in 2020 retail spend than many of its European neighbours as it has avoided a lockdown.
- Although Sweden's GDP is forecast to fall significantly in 2020, the lack of a lockdown should ensure fewer people lose their jobs benefitting consumer sentiment.
Reasons to Buy
- Use our revised market forecasts out to 2024 to understand how the Swedish retail market will perform.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how key retailers have responded to COVID-19.
- Use our data on key consumer shopping and lifestyle habits to see how the population have responded to the impact of COVID-19.