Walgreens Boots Alliance: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company impact
- Report Description Table of Contents
As the virus continues to spread globally, the retailer is experiencing increasing demand for bathroom toiletries, paper products, pain relief items and OTC goods, however discretionary categories such as beauty and fragrance will be suffering
The retailer's exposure to the physical retail channel will hinder its recovery as we expect consumers to remain cautious about visiting high streets and shopping malls across the US and Europe
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) company impact report analyses how the pandemic will impact Walgreens Boots Alliance's performance.
- The company's convenient locations and well-established network in the US and Europe also bodes well for its 2020 sales performance, with sales forecast to rise 7.2% despite its exposure to non-essential categories.
- Walgreens' continues to leverage its online capabilities to support its performance, with initiatives such as waiving minimum purchase limits and delivery fees for all online orders of essential products.
- Walgreens has tried to maintain availability of required medications and secure special discounts on medical products for people above the age of 55 years to protect loyalty among this valuable customer group
Reasons to Buy
- Use our revised 2020 forecast for Walgreens Boots Alliance to understand how it will perform this year.
- Use our charts to review how Walgreens Boots Alliance's sales are split by region globally and how these regions have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how Walgreens Boots Alliance has responded to COVID-19 and how this will affect its performance.