JD.com: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company impact
- Report Description Table of Contents
JD.com was better placed than its competitors in China to cope with the effects of COVID-19, due to a mix of factors such as its low dependence on physical stores and an efficient distribution network covering the whole country
JD.com's vast range of products across multiple sectors mitigated operational risks arising due to COVID-19, and made the retailer well equipped to absorb the shock of sudden change in purchasing habits compared to more exposed specialist players.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) company impact report analyses how the pandemic will impact JD.com's performance.
- JD.com is expected to have a better than estimated 2020 with annual revenue forecast to grow 23.1% on 2019 to US$111.8 bn.
- JD.com benefitted from its subsidiaries 7fresh and JD logistics Â— serving customer needs for essential goods in a timely and efficient manner outstripping the services provided by many grocery specialists.
- JD.com proactively reacted to the the unprecedented demand online, bringing offline stores online using its cloud solution sourced on WeChat's mini program platform
Reasons to Buy
- Use our revised 2020 forecast for JD.com to understand how it will perform this year.
- Use our charts to review how JD.com's sales are split by region globally and how these regions have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Use our in-depth analysis to review how JD.com has responded to COVID-19 and how this will affect its performance.