The Connected Consumer Survey 2019: mobile services and devices in Australia and New Zealand
- Report Description Table of Contents
"5G will give operators an opportunity to introduce speed-tiering, but they must demonstrate how faster speeds translate into a better quality of experience."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the spend and behaviour of smartphone users in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between July and August 2019.
This report answers the following questions.
- What is the relationship between the use of 4G technology and mobile users’ service spend?
- What is the relationship between data usage and spend?
- How do service-based pricing and the bundling of value-added services affect spend?
- What is the level of awareness of 5G technology, and to what extent are customers interested in and willing to pay for 5G-enabled services?
- How much do consumers spend on their smartphones and how often they replace them?
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between July and August 2019. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the internet-using population in Australia and New Zealand. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand