The Delivering business connectivity off-net: securing the right wholesale inputs
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Service providers must secure wholesale inputs that enable them to respond to the rapidly changing demands for business connectivity."
Many service providers aim to increase their market share with off-net services as cloud migration and SD-WAN change the business connectivity landscape. To develop a compelling offer, they must secure wholesale inputs that are able to meet both current and future demand in key areas including high-bandwidth services, rapid provisioning and cloud connectivity.
This report provides:
- an overview of the changing requirements for business connectivity and the implications for wholesale inputs
- information about the migration to high-bandwidth connectivity and the extent to which this migration is being facilitated by wholesale providers
- the identification of some initiatives that are being deployed to improve wholesale provisioning and fault response
- examples of the approaches of five different wholesale providers.