The Turkcell’s Unified NFVI: a platform built on Red Hat OpenStack and Ceph storage
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Turkcell’s pragmatic, stepwise approach to building its telco cloud platform has created a strong foundation for expansion to 5G and beyond."
Turkcell is remaking itself as a digital service provider while expanding globally from its 5-country footprint, supporting growth in the number of subscribers, maximising network capex efficiency and resource scaling and reducing vendor lock-in. This report analyses a key part of its strategy: the implementation of Unified NFVI, which supports new services now while laying the groundwork for 5G.
This case study provides:
- an introduction to Turkcell’s business and digital transformation strategy through the implementation of a new telco cloud platform, the Unified NFVI
- an overview of the Unified NFVI project and implementation details
- an account of Turkcell’s use of partners such as Red Hat to lower implementation risk, embrace open-source software such as OpenStack and Ceph and build internal expertise in these new approaches
- the business benefits that Turkcell has achieved to date.