Future of the Afghan Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023
- Report Description Table of Contents
Future of the Afghan Defense Industry Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2023, published by Strategic Defence Intelligence, provides readers with detailed analysis of both historic and forecast defense industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of industry leading companies, and key news.
This report offers detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Afghan defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry during 2019-2023, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country’s expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter’s Five Force analysis of Afghan defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the next 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of Afghan defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
- After the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) left the country in 2014, Afghan security forces were made responsible for protecting the country. Afghanistan’s total defense expenditure decreased at a CAGR of -1.78% during the historic period, from US$6.4 billion in 2014 to US$6 billion in 2018. Around 34% of the national budget was allocated to security expenditure in 2017, however, the negative CAGR was caused by a decrease in foreign aid which previously benefitted the security sector.
- Over the forecast period, the procurement of weapons, construction of infrastructure, and acquisition of assets are expected to drive capital expenditure. The average share of revenue expenditure is expected to be 89.4% over the forecast period, higher than the average share of 84.8% during 2014-2018. The country’s increased focus on Afghan armed forces training sessions and better military personnel pay has resulted in a higher share of the defense budget being allocated to revenue expenditure, a trend expected to continue over 2019-2023.
- The MoD is expected to invest in land-based C4ISR, man-portable and vehicular tactical communications, multi-mission helicopters, starionary tactical communication stations, and attack helicopters.
Reasons to buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of Afghan defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of Afghan defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts