The Worldwide Motherboard Industry, 2Q 2018
- Report Description Table of Contents
The report finds that the global motherboard industry declined slightly in the first quarter of 2018 with shipment volume of over 25 million units. The increasing stable supply of Intel's Coffee Lake, coupled with commercial replacement demand triggered by Windows 10 and the still-strong gaming demand, has bolstered the industry's year-on-year growth in the second quarter of 2018. The mining demand from China can be one of major growth driver for the industry but concerns have risen over a possible change in the Chinese government's stance towards bitcoin mining.
List of Topics
- Recent shipment volume quarter review of the worldwide motherboard industry for the period of 1Q 2016 – 4Q 2018
- Recent shipment value quarter review with breakdowns by maker, ASP, and price point
- Manufacturer shipment volume rankings and includes shipment volume by assembly level, CPU connector type, production location, shipment destination, and business type
- Analyst insight on the nascent development of the industry
- The content of this report is based on primary data obtained through interviews with Taiwanese motherboard makers.
AMD, ECS, Foxconn, Gigabyte, Intel, Jetway, Microstar, Pegatron, QCI, T&I, Wistron