Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market (By Major Marketed Products, Pharmacological Class, & Geography) and Pipeline Analysis - Global Forecast to 2024
- Report Description Table of Contents
The market for Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics is anticipated to grow with double digit CAGR during the forecasting period. Cystic fibrosis is among the most common life-threatening genetic disorders worldwide. It is caused by defects in a single gene known as the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator, or CFTR. The increasing prevalence of cystic fibrosis, rising awareness about cystic fibrosis therapy, strong pipeline candidates, technological advancement and high rate of R&D initiatives are some of the major factors that are driving cystic fibrosis therapeutics market. However, high cost involved in treatment, increase in complexity of disease are restraining the cystic fibrosis therapeutics market.
Key Highlights of the Report
- United States dominates the global market for cystic fibrosis therapeutics.
- The EU5 countries together accounted for over 20% share of the global cystic fibrosis market in 2016.
- In Asian region, the prevalence of Cystic Fibrosis is observed to be very low in countries like China, India and Japan.
- On the basis of pharmacological class, the CFTR modulator captures highest share of the total CF therapeutics market in 2016.
- In 2016, mucolyctics agents accounted for around xx% of the global cystic fibrosis therapeutics market.
- Cystic Fibrosis patients who have reduced the levels of digestive enzymes due to improper functioning of pancreas, are treated by PERT to replace these enzymes.
- In 20XX, TOBI Podhaler generated sales worth US$ 300 Million.
- Italy has followed Ireland and other EU countries such as Germany, Austria, Denmark and Luxembourg in approving Orkambi for patients with CF.
- It's estimated that 1 in every 2,500 babies born in the UK has cystic fibrosis.
- The revenues for Creon increased 22 percent in 2015, driven primarily by continued market growth.
- Zenpep sales surpassed US$ 200 Million mark in 2016.
- Some of the drugs that are under clinical studies are Tezacaftor (VX-661) + ivacaftor, VX-445 + tezacaftor + ivacaftor, VX-659 + tezacaftor + ivacaftor, PTI-428, AZD5634, QR-010 and POL6014 among many others.
The report titled “Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market (By Major Marketed Products, Pharmacological Class, & Geography) and Pipeline Analysis – Global Forecast to 2024” provides a comprehensive assessment of the Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market.
This 121 Page report with 53 Figures and 6 Tables has been studied from 8 View Points:
- 1. Global Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market & Forecast (2014 – 2024)
- 2. Global Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market - Major Marketed Products Sales & Forecast (2012 - 2024)
- 3. Global Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market - Pharmacological Class Sales & Forecast (2015 – 2021)
- 4. By Geography - Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market (2014 – 2024)
- 5. Global Cystic Fibrosis Pipeline Product Analysis – By Company & Phase of Development
- 6. Cystic Fibrosis Company Profiles, Approved & Pipeline Product Analysis
- 7. Global Cystic Fibrosis Market - Industry Trends & Developments
- 8. Global Cystic Fibrosis Market - Growth Drivers & Challenges
Global Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market - Major Marketed Products Covered
- 1. Orkambi (Lumacaftor/Ivacaftor)
- 2. Kalydeco (Ivacaftor)
- 3. Cayston (Inhaled Aztreonam)
- 4. Pulmozyme (Dornase Alfa)
- 5. TOBI/ TOBI Podhaler
- 6. Creon
- 7. Zenpep
- 8. Ventolin
- 9. Bronchitol (Inhaled Mannitol)
- 10. ADEKplusTM
- 11. Ibuprofen
Global Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market - Pharmacological Class
- CFTR Modulators
- Mucolytic Agents
- Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Products
- Other Therapies
Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market – Geographical Analysis
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
Cystic Fibrosis Company Profiles, Approved & Pipeline Product Analysis
- Genentech, Inc. (A Member of the Roche Group)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
- Johnson & Johnson
- Allergan plc
- Pharmaxis Ltd
- Mylan N.V
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government and NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries and Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.