Orthopaedics: Market Prospects & Global Competition
After a period of economic decline, the global orthopaedics market is beginning to show signs of recovery, thanks to a number of factors. It is now time to take stock of the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.
The orthopaedic industry has been under intense pressure since the global economic downturn, and has struggled to achieve growth amid tough market conditions. Additionally, the industry is under extreme pressure to adapt to the impact of social and economic changes. Rising cases of obesity and ageing populations, as well as unstable financial conditions in a number of established markets, have forced medical device manufacturers to become more responsive to macro- and micro-economic factors.
However, recovery is on the horizon. Thanks to the impact of the expanding global elderly population and the associated steady rise in musculoskeletal disorders as a result of a more active and demanding customer base, Espicom estimates that the global orthopaedics and prosthetics market increased by 5.8% in 2013. Furthermore, we forecast a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018 of 3.9%. Principal growth drivers are the uptake of new products and technologies in developed markets, high growth in extremity and biologic products and rapid uptake of standard and market-specific products in emerging regions.
In Orthopaedics: Market Prospects & Global Competition, Espicom focuses its attention on 49 of the companies that we believe are making significant inroads on their chosen area of orthopaedic specialty. This 2013 edition helps to build a bigger picture of the companies and some of their most relevant activities, giving insight into the current state of, and future prospects for, the market.
Use this new report to easily answer key business questions, such as:
- What developments will underpin the 2013-2018 CAGR of 3.9%?
- What new products and services has Zimmer introduced in 2013?
- What is the product and service line of the newly merged DePuy Synthes?
- What are the latest developments in worldwide regulation and how are they affecting the orthopaedic sector?
- Which companies are focused on driving growth in emerging markets?
- Which segments of the orthopaedics and spine markets are tipped for long-term growth?
- Who is active in the extremities segment and what are their competing products?
Issues Affecting the Industry in 2013 and Beyond
2013 was, in some ways, a transformative year for the orthopaedics industry. From product recalls and lawsuits to mergers and acquisitions and the exploration of high-growth markets, this report takes a look at current trends and issues that are affecting the global orthopaedics industry. Discussion points include:
- MoM Implant Failure Rate Remains a Hot Topic
- Balancing Patient Safety and Innovation - ASR Hip Lawsuits Continue
- Will Growth In M&As Shrink Competition In The Orthopaedics Market?
- How Leading Orthopaedic Companies Are Fighting the Global Market Slump
- This important business report provides you with essential data:
- Growth forecasts by orthopaedic sector 2018
Detailed analysis of 50 leading companies covering:
- Key Personnel
- Company Overview
- Key Competitors
- Key Milestones
- R&D Milestones
- Key Financial Data