The CSPs embarking on an OTT video strategy may need to evolve their QoE assurance approach
- Report Description Table of Contents
"Communications service providers' OTT video strategies represent an opportunity for assurance vendors to insert themselves into the video value chain."
Communications service providers (CSPs) have employed assurance and optimisation techniques – often in functional siloes without integration – to monitor and deliver a 'best-effort' quality of experience (QoE) for third-party over-the-top (OTT) video. Service assurance (SA) has been used primarily in reactive mode, while video optimisation solutions are 'in-line' functions that provide pseudo-proactive assurance of QoE.
This report provides:
- an analysis of why CSPs may need an evolved QoE assurance strategy for their own OTT video service
- an explanation of how an integrated assurance and optimisation solution may address this area
- recommendations for CSPs, as well as assurance and optimisation vendors
- an appendix highlighting the most-relevant video assurance and optimisation vendors, including descriptions of their solutions.