Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) provides electricity to the people of Cyprus. The company is engaged in power generation, transmission and distribution activities. EAC owns and operates three Power Stations with a total nominal capacity of 1,118 MW. The three power stations are Vasilikos Power Station (428 MW), Dhekelia Power Station (360 MW), and Moni Power Station (330 MW). The power stations have gas and steam turbine. The turbines use fuel oil and diesel oil to generate power. In the fiscal year ended December 2008, the company generated 4,995.8 GWh of electricity, an increase of 4.4% over 2007. Further, the load factor of EAC was 56.8% in 2008, as compared to 52.5% in 2007.
Electricity Authority of Cyprus Key Recent Developments . .
Jun 29, 2010: EIB Provides EUR200 Million Loan To Electricity Authority Of Cyprus
Oct 12, 2009: EAC To Purchase 113.5 MW Of Electricity From Orites And Ketonis Wind Farms In Cyprus
Oct 01, 2009: EAC Signs Agreement To Purchase Electricity From Wind Farm At Larnaca In Cyprus
GlobalData’s Electricity Authority of Cyprus - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note*: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.