Chinese Smartphone Market Development, 1Q 2014
As of the fourth quarter of 2013, Chinese mobile phone users totaled around 1.23 billion and user adoption of 3G reached around 34%. Sales volume of smartphones in China arrived at 86.5 million units in the same quarter. The launch of iPhone 5S and 5C had helped Apple increase its market share in China. As for Chinese brands, Huawei saw a considerable growth. This report examines the development of the Chinese smartphone market during the fourth quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014 from the perspectives of telecom operators and branded vendors.
List of Topics
- Development of the Chinese mobile communication market, touching on accumulated mobile phone number and 3G user base of three major Chinese telecom operators: China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom
- Chinese mobile phone market volume, with shipment breakdowns by branded vendor
- Development of smartphone branded vendors including Samsung, Apple, Lenovo, Huawei, HTC, and Xiaomi, touching on their product strategies targeted for the Chinese market
- Profiling the product portfolios of major Chinese smartphone branded vendors, as of the first quarter of 2014
- Companies and organizations analyzed or mentioned in the report include: Alibaba, Apple, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Coolpad, Gionee, Gome, HTC, Huawei, JD, Lenovo, Meizu, OPPO, Samsung, Suning, Tianyu, Tmall, Vivo, Xiaomi, ZTE