Marine Freight: Global Industry Guide
Global Marine Freight industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2017). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global marine freight market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global marine freight market
- Leading company guides reveal details of key marine freight market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global marine freight market with five year forecasts
- The global marine freight industry is expected to generate total revenues of $410.7 billion in 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.8% between 2008 and 2012.
- The sea segment is expected to be the industry's most lucrative in 2012, with total revenues of $298.1 billion, equivalent to 72.6% of the industry's overall value.
- The performance of the industry is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 4.6% for the five-year period 2012 - 2017, which is expected to drive the industry to a value of $513.8 billion by the end of 2017.
Your key questions answered
- What was the size of the global marine freight market by value in 2012?
- What will be the size of the global marine freight market in 2017?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global marine freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global marine freight market?