The Global Market for Automotive Nanocoatings to 2020
One time fees of US$ 740.00 Includes updates for one year with secure access to online folder
Future Markets, Inc. in conjunction with Nanotech Magazine, has published a comprehensive market analysis on the automotive nanocoatings sector. Surface protection is a key area in the luxury car market both for protection from UV,
wear, heat; promotion of adhesion; and reduction of engine friction. The overall world automotive paints and coatings market was estimated to be $7.75billion in 2010 and nanomaterials will play a key role in future growth.
Desirable functional properties for the automotive coat- ings industry afforded by nanomaterials include:
• Scratch resistance (alumina and silica nanoparticles)
• Anti-fingerprint (silica nanoparticles)
• Self-cleaning (Nano-Tio2, nano- silica)
• Chemical resistance (CNTs, graphene)
• UV resistance (zinc oxide, cerium oxide, titanium oxide, iron oxide nanoparticles)
• Abrasion resistance (silica and alumninium oxide nanoparticles).
• Hydrophobic and oleophobic anti-fingerprint coatings in automotive displays
• Anti-fingerprint mirror and interior surface coatings
• Scratch-proof coatings
• Wear resistant nanocoatings for engines
• Lubricant additives
• Self-cleaning coatings on glass
• Anti-corrosion engine coatings
• Anti-bacterial interior trim and upholstery coatings
• Anti-icing coatings.