Soft Drinks - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading companies including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the G8 soft drinks market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the G8 soft drinks market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key soft drinks players' G8 operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Compares data from the US, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia and Japan, alongside individual chapters on each country
The Group of Eight (G8) countries contributed $329.5 billion in 2012 to the global soft drinks industry, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2008 and 2012. The G8 countries are expected to reach a value of $379.0 billion in 2017, with a CAGR of 2.8% over the 2012-17 period.
Among the G8 countries, the US holds the major share of the soft drinks industry. It accounted for a share of 46.4% in 2012, followed by Japan and Germany, with a 18.4% and 11.3% share, respectively. Among the G8 nations, the US is the leading country in the soft drinks industry, with market revenues of $152.9 billion in 2012.
The US is expected to lead the soft drinks industry in the G8 nations with a value of $180.3 billion in 2016, followed by Japan and Germany with expected values of $64.3 and $41.2 billion, respectively.
Your key questions answered
- What was the size of the G8 soft drinks market by value in 2012?
- What will be the size of the G8 soft drinks market in 2017?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the G8 soft drinks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the G8 soft drinks market?