Ongoing Studies and Demo Projects Point toward IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Massive Smart Grid Plans
The Government of India (GoI) came up with the Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Program (R-APDRP) in 2008 for transforming the power distribution sector in India. Through R-APDRP, distribution utilities plan of building Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, IT applications and automation systems. A policies and implementation framework is now present for the initiating and testing smart grid technologies in India. The GoI came up with the India Smart Grid Task Force (ISGTF) and the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) to accelerate the deployment of smart grids in India. The US–India Partnership to Advance Clean Energy-Development (PACE-D) programs was undertaken from June 2012 to advance the growth of smart grid in the nation. The program will provide help for advancing the development of clean energy through its partnership with the Ministry of Power (MoP) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) in India. Around 14 demo/pilot smart grid projects have been announced by the GoI. A number of functionalities such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Outage Management (OM), Distributed Generation (DG), Peak Load Management (PLM), Power Quality (PQ) and microgrids have been found to be proposed in the announced smart grid projects.
- The role of R-APDRP in India's Power Utilities' IT integration.
- Policy notifications and secretarial framework for advancing the growth of smart grid in India.
- PACE-D programs involved in accelerating the growth of smart grids.
- Demo projects/pilots helping out with India's massive smart grid plans.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insight into the insofar policy notifications and framework mandated for the development of smart grid in India.
- Comphrehend the effect of the policy notifications such as R-APDRP, PACE-D, etc. related to smart grid development in India
- Identify the demo projects/pilot programs and their scope of work
- Gain insight into the Indian smart meter market.